Historical Places (Term 2 Chapter 1 | 3rd Social Science)
I. Choose the correct answer.
1. Sea shore temple is at ________.
Answer: a) Mahabalipuram
2. Fort St. George is at ________.
Answer: b) Chennai
3. There are ____ styles of architectures at Mahabalipuram.
Answer: c) four
4. Thiruvalluvar wrote __________.
Answer: a) Thirukkural
5. Nandhi in Thanjavur Periya Kovil was built with ________.
a) multiple stones
b) two stones
c) single stone
Answer: c) single stone
II. Match the following.
1. Vivekananda rock - St. George fort
2. Museum - Villupuram
3. Gingee fort - Pallavas
4. Mahabalipuram - Cholas
5. Periya kovil - Kanyakumari
1. Vivekananda rock - Kanyakumari
2. Museum - St. George fort
3. Gingee fort - Villupuram
4. Mahabalipuram - Pallavas
5. Periya kovil - Cholas
III. Answer the following.
1. What are inside the fort St. George?
A museum, a chruch and the Secretariat of Tamil Nadu are inside the Fort St. George.
2. Write a short note on Thiruvalluvar statue.
❖ Thiruvalluvar statue is in Kanyakumari.
❖ The statue is built on the rock which is surrounded by Arabian sea, Indian Ocean, and Bay of Bengal.
❖ The statue is 133 feet tall.
❖ The height denotes the number of adhikarams (133) inThirukural.
3. Name the three water bodies which are surrounded the Thiruvalluvar statue.
❖ Arabian sea
❖ Indian Ocean and.
❖ Bay of Bengal
are the three water bodies which surround the Thiruvalluvar statue.
4. Who built Thanjavur Periya kovil? Write any special feature of the temple.
It was built by Raja Raja Cholan.
The Nandi inside the temple was built using a single stone
Another interesting fact about the temple is that the shadow of the main temple does not fall on the ground.
5. Describe the Gingee fort.
❖ The Gingee fort is in Villupuram district.
❖ It is one of the oldest forts in Tamil Nadu.
FUN WITH ACTIVITY
Imagine that you are going to a trip to your favorite destination. What are the different things you will pack for the journey?
Name of the place
List of things
Woollen sweater Scarf, Socks, Umbrella, Camera, First aid medicines
Let us write
List any five places you have visited. Stick the photo of any one place.
Let us discuss and write
Have you seen the monuments with names and drawings scribbled by people? Do you think is it correct to do this? Write your views.
Yes , I have seen monuments with names and drawing scribbled by people. I do not think it is correct. These ancient buildings and monuments are a great historical value. We should not damage them by writing on them. We should protect them because they are a part of our cultural heritage.
Let us write
Discuss with your friends and write down your favourite tourist places in Tamil Nadu.