I. Choose the correct answer
1. Find out the part that is not found in CPU?
a. Mother Board
Answer: d) Mouse
2. Which of the following is correct?
a. Free and Open source
b. Free and Traditional software
c. Passive and Open source
d. Passive and Traditional source
Answer: a) Free and Open source
3. LINUX is a
a. Paid Software
b. Licensed Software
c. Free and Proprietary software
d. Free and Open source software
Answer: d) Free and Open source software
4. Find out Paid and Proprietary software from the given list
b. MAC OS
c. Adobe Photoshop
d. All the above
Answer: d) All the above
5. ______is a Operating System
Answer: a) ANDROID
II. Match the following
1. MAC OS - Free and Open source Software
2. Software - Paid and Proprietary Software
3. Hardware - Input Device
4. Keyboard - RAM
5. LINUX – Geogebra
1. MAC OS - Paid and Proprietary Software
2. Software - Geogebra
3. Hardware - RAM
4. Keyboard - Input Device
5. LINUX - Free and Open Source Software
III. Short answer
1. What is Hardware and Software?
Hardware is the part of the computer which we can touch and feel. Hardware includes Input and Output devices, Cabinet, Hard Disk, Mother Board, SMPS, CPU, RAM, CD Drive and Graphics Card.
Hardware is lifeless without software in a computer. Software are programmed and coded applications to process the input information. The software processes the data by converting the input information into coding or programmed language. Touching and feeling the software is not possible but we can see the functions of the software in the form of output.
2. What do you mean by Operating System? How it Works?
System Software (Operating system) is software that makes the hardware devices process the data inputted by the user and to display the result on the output devices like monitor. Without the operating system, computer cannot function on its own. Some of the popular operating systems are Linux, Windows, Mac, Android etc.
3. What is Free and Open Source Software? Give any two examples?
Free and Open software is available free of cost and can be shared by many end users. Free software is editable and customizable by the user and this leads to updation or development of new software. Examples of Free and Open source software: LINUX, Open office, Operating System, Geogebra etc.