Points to Remember
* Soaps are prepared by heating the mixture of olive oil, animal fat and concentrated sodium hydroxide solutions.
* Fertilizer facilitates growth of plants.
* Vermi compost has high nutrient benefits and it is useful for sustaining the land fertility.
* Cement is manufactured by using lime, clay and gypsum.
* Plaster of Paris is used to fix bone fractures.
* Diluted phenol is used as a cleaner, disinfectant and mouthwash.
* Adhesives are substances that are used to join two or more components together.
Nutrients for life
Through this activity you will be able to learn about the 4Rs of crop nutrients and their importance.
Step 1: Type the following URL in the browser. 'NUTRIENTS FOR LIFE' activity page will open.
Step 2: Click the ' X ' icon on the top left of the activity window to close the welcome note and start the activity or click on 'Next' on the bottom to read the instructions.
Step 3: A corn field , 4 cubes and 4 dials are shown, Using the mouse grab the cubes at the bottom which are labelled WATER , N, P, K and drop them over the crop.
Step 4: Each time you apply water or nutrients on the crop it will rise the dial. Keep all the dials in the green. Repeat the same process till the crop is fully grown.
Nutrients for life URL:
*Pictures are indicative only