![if !IE]> <![endif]>
POINTS TO REMEMBER WHILE TAKING MEASUREMENTS
· A good quality flexible measuring tape should be used.
· Measurements should be taken on cor-rect fitting garments.
· Special care should be taken while taking measurements for kids and elders, they should stand straight without bending.
· The person for whom the body measure-ments are taken should stand straight.
· Select the garment to be stitched and note down the body measurement for that garment; regarding fit, style and shape.
· Measurements should be taken over a thin correct fitting basic garments. Heavy garments should be avoided.
· For measuring vertical measurements, metal end of the long tape should be used.
· To measure horizontal measurements hold the tape parallel to the floor.
· While taking vertical measurements hold the tape measurements perpendicular to the floor.
· Proper order should be maintained while recording measurements. Record crosswise measurements first and then vertical measurements.
· Measurement tape should not be tight-ened or loosened while taking body measurements.
· For taking circumference measure-ments the tape should be passed over the required area with one or two fig-ures in between. This will provide ease.
· Before measuring the waist, tie a cord around the waist.
· If the customer has and deviation in the proportion of his body note it down. Be careful to note it without giving any idea (embarrassing) the person.
· To avoid mistakes, take measurement twice.
· Personal preference of the wearer should be asked for length, ease and style.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.