Patterns in sounds
Keywords: Pattern, Sound, Colour
On my way to school !
Mathi is going to school. On the way, she hears many sounds. She is enjoying the patterns in it. Let us go along with her and enjoy it.
• Enact the situation in the classroom by producing the above sounds.
• Encourage the children to mimic some other sounds that they have heard in their real life situations. Example: Sounds of birds, animals, vehicles, etc.,
I am happy!
Clap, Clap, clap
I am happy at my home;
So, I clap, clap clap.
Snap, snap, snap
I am happy at my school;
So. I snap, snap, snap.
Stamp, stamp, stamp
I am happy at my class;
So I stamp stamp stamp.
Tap, tap, tap
I am happy everywhere;
So I tap, tap, tap.
• Sing the song by making the sounds.
• Further in the next rounds, while singing, the teacher should make the sounds instead of using the words clap, snap, stamp, and top. This will add flavour to the sound pattern.
Let us clap
Teacher initiates the activity by clapping in a definite pattern.
* l clap- l clap – 1 clap...
* 2 claps - 2 claps - 2 claps....
* 1 clop- 1 clap- 3 claps, l clap- l clap- 3 claps....
* 3 claps- 3 claps – 1 clap – 1 clap – 1 clap....
Meow and Bow-Bow are friends. They are meeting after a longtime. Think how their conversation would be like!
Act and enjoy
Aim: Creating patterns in sounds.
Things needed: Pencil, steel spoon, plastic scale, wooden duster, steel tumbler.
Procedure: By gently tapping these, make different sound patterns and enjoy. Follow the patterns given below. Try some other patterns also.
Oh! sound patterns are every where! Where do you hear such patterns in sound? Share it!