Express the time in terms of a.m. and p.m.
Look at the pictures:
In the above pictures, both the clock shows 9 o‛clock only
9 o‛clock in the morning is 9 a.m
9 o‛clock in the night is 9 p.m
Ante meridiem – a.m.
Post meridiem – p.m.
Using a.m. or p.m.
Write the time using a.m. or p.m. First one has done for you.
1. 8 o‛ Clock in the morning – 8:00 a.m.
2. 4 o‛ Clock in the evening 4.00 p.m.
3. 10 o‛ Clock in the night 10.00 p.m.
4. 5 hours after noon 5.00 p.m.
5. 3 hours after noon 9.00 p.m.
Teacher's note: Teacher can give extensive drilling and practise activities related to the time