Instructions for Installing MySQL
MySQL 5.0 Community Edition is an open source database management system that ex-ecutes on many platforms, including Windows, Solaris, Linux, and Macintosh. Complete information about MySQL is available from www.mysql.com.
To install MySQL Community Edition:
1. To learn about the installation requirements for your platform, visit the site
2. Visit dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html and download the installer for your platform. For our MySQL examples, you need only the Windows Essen-tials package on Microsoft Windows, or the Standard package on most other plat-forms. [Note: For these instructions, we assume you are running Microsoft Windows. Complete installation instructions for other platforms are available at
3. Double click mysql-essential-5.0.45-win32.msi to start the installer. [Note:
This filename may differ, based on the current version of MySQL 5.0.] 4. Choose Typical for the Setup Type and click Next >. Then click Install.
When the installation completes, you will be asked to set up an account on MySQL.com. If you do not wish to do this, select Skip Sign-up and click Next >. After completing the sign-up process or skipping it, you can configure the MySQL Server. Click
Finish to start the MySQL Server Instance Configuration Wizard. To configure the server:
1. Click Next >, then select Standard Configuration and click Next > again.
2. You have the option of installing MySQL as a Windows service, which enables the MySQL server to begin executing automatically each time your system starts. For our examples, this is unnecessary, so uncheck Install as a Windows Service, then check Include Bin Directory in Windows PATH. This will enable you to use the MySQL commands in the Windows Command Prompt.
3. Click Next >, then click Execute to perform the server configuration. 4. Click Finish to close the wizard.
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.