![if !IE]> <![endif]>
India’s International Relations
After studying this lesson, students will be able to
• become familiar with our policies with the neighbouring countries
• understand the importance of India’s policy towards developed nations
• gain knowledge about India’s relationships with international organisations
• recognise the achievement of BRICS and OPEC
• imbibe the value of India’s position among world countries
Independent India has been consistently fostering world peace and international co-operation. India abjured military alliances, but has been active in cooperating and co-ordinating with other nations for peace and economic development. As the first Prime Minister of India Jawaharlal Nehru stated “We can neither be absolutely dependent or independent, but we live in a world of interdependence.”
India would prefer a peaceful, wealthy neighbourhood responsive to its own needs and wishes. India has always been known as a peace-loving country and has strived hard to champion the cause of peace in the world. For the country to progress in an adequate manner, the maintenance of international relations has been regarded as an important area. Being a country with a huge population, India is surrounded by many neighbouring countries with whom she has tried to maintain friendly and good neighbourly relations.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.