26. Why sodium hydroxide is much more water soluble than chloride?
27. Explain what to meant by efflorescence;
28. Write the chemical equations for the reactions involved in solvay process of preparation of sodium carbonate.
29. An alkali metal (x) forms a hydrated sulphate, X2SO4. 10H2O. Is the metal more likely to be sodium (or) potassium.
30. Write balanced chemical equation for each of the following chemical reactions.
i. Lithium metal with nitrogen gas
ii. heating solid sodium bicarbonate
iii. Rubidum with oxgen gas
iv. solid potassium hydroxide with CO2
v. heating calcium carbonate
vi. heating calcium with oxygen
31. Discuss briefly the similarities between beryllium and aluminium.
32. Give the systematic names for the following
(i) milk of magnesia (ii) lye (iii) lime (iv) Caustic potash (v) washing soda (vi) soda ash (v) trona
33. Substantiate Lithium fluoride has the lowest solubility among group one metal fluorides.
34. Mention the uses of plaster of paris
35. Beryllium halides are Covalent whereas magnesium halides are ionic why?
36. Alkaline earth metal (A), belongs to 3rd period reacts with oxygen and nitrogen to form compound (B) and (C) respectively. It undergo metal displacement reaction with AgNO3 solution to form compound (D).
37. Write balanced chemical equation for the following processes
a) heating calcium in oxygen
b) heating calcium carbonate
c) evaporating a solution of calcium hydrogen carbonate
d) heating calcium oxide with carbon
38. Explain the important common features of Group 2 elements.
39. Discus the similarities between beryllium and aluminium.
40. Why alkaline earth metals are harder than alkali metals.
41. How is plaster of paris prepared?
42. Give the uses of gypsum.
43. Describe briefly the biological importance of Calcium and magnesium.
44. Which would you expect to have a higher melting point, magnesium oxide or magnesium fluoride? Explain your reasoning.