STANDARD SOP FORM & MINTERMS:
• SOP expressions containing all Variables in the Domain in each term are in Standard Form.
• Standard product terms are also called Minterms.
• Any non-standard SOP expression may be converted to Standard form by applying Boolean Algebra Rule 6 to it.
Example: Determine Standard SOP expression
Introduce all possible combinations of the missing variables AND’ed with the original term
• Minterm is a standard product term in which all variables appear exactly once (complemented or uncomplemented)
• Represents exactly one combination of the binary variables in a truth table for which the function produces a “1” output. That is the binary representation or value.
• Has value of 1 for that combination and 0 for all others
• For n variables, there are 2n distinct minterms
Express the Boolean function F=A+B′C in sum of min terms.
=A(B+ B′)(C+C′)+ B′C(A+A′)
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.