FACTORS GOVERNING THE SELECTION OF A PARTICULAR SOURCE OF WATER
The following important factors are generally considered.
1. The quantity of water available
2. The quality of water available
3. Distance of the source of supply
4. Elevation of source of supply
1. QUANTITY OF WATER AVAILABLE = Quantity of water available must be sufficient to meet the various demands during the entire design period. If the available source found is not sufficient. The additional source which is available in the nearby (vicinity) is considered.
2. QUALITY OF WATER AVAILABLE = water available must not be toxic, poisonous or in any other way injurious to health.) It should contain minimum impurities so that their removal does not require costly treatment processes.
3. DISTANCE OF THE SOURCE = The source of supply must be near to the town in order to minimize the length of conduits required to transport water.
4. COST = The selection of source should be such that the overall cost of water supply project is brought down to the minimum.
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.