Starting and growing your own business requires many skills to be successful. Take a look at the business personality types and find out what you need to succeed.
Your business personality type are the traits and characteristics of your personality that blend with the needs of the business. If you better understand your business personality, then you can give your company the best part of you. Find others to help your business in areas you aren't prepared to fulfill.
There are 9 key types of personality and understanding each will help you enjoy your business more and provide your company with what it needs to grow. This entrepreneur personality profile is based on the 9-point circle of the Enneagram.
The 9 Personality Types of Entrepreneurs
1. The Improver: If you operate your business predominately in the improver mode, you are focused on using your company as a means to improve the world. Your overarching motto is: morally correct companies will be rewarded working on a noble cause. Improvers have an unwavering ability to run their business with high integrity and ethics.
Personality Alert: Be aware of your tendency to be a perfectionist and over-critical of employees and customers.
Entrepreneur example: Anita Roddick, Founder of The Body Shop.
2. The Advisor: This business personality type will provide an extremely high level of assistance and advice to customers. The advisor's motto is: the customer is right and we must do everything to please them. Companies built by advisors become customer focused.
Personality Alert: Advisors can become totally focused on the needs of their business and customers that they may ignore their own needs and ultimately burn out.
Entrepreneur example: John W. Nordstrom, Founder Nordstrom.
3. The Superstar: Here the business is centered around the charisma and high energy of the Superstar CEO. This personality often will cause you to build your business around your own personal brand. Personality Alert: Can be too competitive and workaholics.
Entrepreneur example: Donald Trump, CEO of Trump Hotels & Casino Resorts.
4.The Artist: This business personality is the reserved but highly creative type. Often found in businesses demanding creativity such as web design and ad agencies. As an artist type you‟ll tend to build your business around the unique talents and creativities you have.
Personality Alert: You may be overly sensitive to your customer‟s responses even if the feedback is constructive. Let go the negative self-image.
5. The Visionary: A business built by a Visionary will often be based on the future vision and thoughts of the founder. You will have a high degree of curiosity to understand the world around you and will set-up plans to avoid the landmines.
Personality Alert: Visionaries can be too focused on the dream with little focus on reality. Action must proceed vision. Entrepreneurial example: Bill Gates, Founder of MicroSoft Inc.
6. The Analyst: If you run a business as an Analyst, your company is focus on fixing problems in a systematic way. Often the basis for science, engineering or computer firms, Analyst companies excel at problem solving.
Personality Alert: Be aware of analysis paralysis. Work on trusting others. Entrepreneurial example: Intel Founder, Gordon Moore.
7. The Fireball: A business owned and operated by a Fireball is full of life, energy and optimism. Your company is life-energizing and makes customers feel the company has a get it done attitude in a fun playful manner.
Personality Alert: You may over commit your teams and act to impulsively. Balance your impulsiveness with business planning.
Entrepreneurial example: Malcolm Forbes, Publisher, Forbes Magazine.
8. The Hero: You have an incredible will and ability to lead the world and your business through any challenge. You are the essence of entrepreneurship and can assemble great companies.
Personality Alert: Over promising and using force full tactics to get your way will not work long term. To be successful, trust your leadership skills to help others find their way.
Entrepreneurial example: Jack Welch, CEO GE.
9. The Healer: If you are a Healer, you provide nurturing and harmony to your business. You have an uncanny ability to survive and persist with an inner calm.
Personality Alert: Because of your caring, healing attitude toward your business, you may avoid
outside realities and use wishful thinking. Use scenario planning to prepare for turmoil.
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.