Different Types of Social Media:
Social media are computer-mediated technologies that facilitate the creation and sharing of information, ideas, career interests and other forms of expression via virtual communities and networks. The variety of stand-alone and built-in social media services currently available introduces challenges of definition; however, there are some common features
• Social media are interactive Web Internet-based applications.
• User-generated content, such as text posts or comments, digital photos or videos, and data generated through all online interactions, is the lifeblood of social media.
• Users create service-specific profiles for the website or app that are designed and maintained by the social media organization.
• Social media facilitate the development of online social networks by connecting a user's profile with those of other individuals or groups.
The following table shows some of the popular social media services:
Table 15.4 Social Media Services
Connectivity – The lifeline of the social media is connectivity. It connects with people living anywhere in the world.
Education – Nowadays lots of classes are taken online through Skype. Tuitions are taken through online. Even post graduation also done online.
Information and Updates – The boon of the social media is that getting updated on real time from the latest happenings around in the world.
Addiction –Though we have many advantages but the major drawback is that people get addicted to the social medias.
Security Issues –Since everything has become online, right from payment of bill to bank transaction, there are many possibilities to get hacked.
Reputation – Social media being viral it affects the reputation of others
• Instagram, Photo Sharing and Social Networking came into existence in 2010
• The inventor of facebook is Mark Zucker Berg
• Google was invented by Larry Page and Sergey Brin
Copyright © 2018-2021 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. (BS) Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.