De Morgan suggested two theorems that form important part of Boolean algebra. They are,
1) The complement of a product is equal to the sum of the complements.
(AB)' = A' + B'
• FIRST THEOREM
2) The complement of a sum term is equal to the product of the complements.
(A + B)' = A'B'
• SECOND THEOREM
Apply to any number of variables:
Principle of Duality theorem says,
· Changing each OR sign to an AND sign
· Changing each AND sign to an OR sign
· Complementing any 0 or 1 appearing in the expression
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.